July 3, 2010

Waxing Cheese

Someone asked a question when commenting to a recent post!! You can do this too!

Waxing cheese is when you take a special kind of wax and dip cheese in it so that it can stay on the shelf, instead of in the fridge or freezer. Think of cheese you see at Christmas time in gift boxes. Like I said when I mentioned this in my Cheese post, I have never done this before, and I don't know much about it. All I really know is that you should start with a mild cheese, because it will age, and become stronger over time. Someday I will wax my own cheese, and I'll write more about it. But first I need to do more research. I need to know if this really is safe, and what the shelf life is.

1 comment:

  1. Intriguing idea. Make sure you let us know if you try it.

    ReplyDelete