Milk and Eggs
- Country Fresh $8.88-I've heard good things about this brand, but have never tried it. According to the Augason Farms website, this can makes 39 cups of milk. This brings the cost to $3.64/gallon.
- Morning Moo Milk Alternative $8.88. I cannot stress enough that this is not real milk. It tastes good when drinking it straight, and works great in baking. I bought a 50 lb. bag of it several months ago. I have since decided that because of all of the ingredients in it, that this is not what I want to feed my family. I will finish what I have, and will not be buying more. Ingredients can be found here. Anyway, each can makes 90 cups of milk, bringing the cost to $1.58/gallon. Great price! The chocolate milk comes to $2.33/gallon.
- Country Cream $11.99-I really like this milk. I think it tastes good to drink. The price on this comes to $2.40/gallon. Not bad compared to the prices at the store.
- Whole eggs $11.99-I use these in my baking frequently during the winter when fresh eggs are more expensive. I only use 1 T egg powder per egg, allowing the eggs to go farther than what the directions say. Using my method, each egg in this can costs about $.07, or a dozen eggs costs $.84. Great deal! (This may be a great item to give to loved ones for Christmas!)
- Butter Powder $18.99-I've never had this before. The prices comes to $3.62/lb. (4 sticks).
- 45 lb. pail of wheat $15.99 and 50 lb. bag for $11.99-Great prices! This is much cheaper than buying wheat at a Family Home Storage Center (LDS Cannery). In the bag, this wheat costs $.24/lb. which is an amazing price! This is a great stock-up price! (Can you tell I'm serious about this being a great price?) To learn more about changes in the price of wheat and other items, look here.
- 50 lb. bag of oats $19.99-Great deal!
- Chopped Onions, 23 oz., $5.99- Not that great of a deal. The Family Home Storage Center has a much better price. By the way, 6 T of dehydrated onions equals about 1 cup of fresh onions.
- Canned tomatoes $.50-Yeah! I get to stock up! I'm all out!
- Canned beans $.50-Best deal you can find these days.
- ShurSaving brand canned pears and peaches, 29 oz., $.99-This is a good price, but ShurSaving isn't known for having the best quality. I would probably want to try a can first if I were stocking up on these.
- Pineapple $.88-Good price!
- 25 lb. bag sugar $12.99-Not that great of a price.
- Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce $.88-Decent price, but you can find better.
- Tuna $.57-I haven't bought tuna in a long time, but I need to stock up on some. Is this the best price I'm going to find? (I'd really like to find it for $.35 a can, but I have a feeling those days are long gone. Is this the price I need to settle for?)
- Tomato sauce $.25-The best I can plan on finding
- Tomato paste $.39-I haven't bough tomato paste in a long, long time. Is this a good price?
Did I leave anything out that you have questions about? Leave a comment if you do, or if you can answer my questions regarding tuna and tomato paste.