Baked Soaked Oatmeal-This recipe has become a Saturday morning tradition. Soaking is great for your grains so that you get more nutrition from them. This recipe is adapted from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.
Baked Soaked Oatmeal
- 2-1/2 c. oats
- 1 T. whole wheat flour (provides phytase to help break down the phytic acid in the oats)
- 1-3/4 c. buttermilk
- ½ c. melted butter, coconut oil, or canola oil
- 4 eggs (or 1/4 cup powdered eggs)
- ½ c. honey, maple syrup, or sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2-4 cups fresh or dried fruit (dried apples, raisins, apples, pears, etc.)
- Optional: 2 c. chopped nuts (or sprinkle on each individual serving after baking)
Whole Wheat Bagels-I made these bagels a few weeks ago. So good! They take quite a bit effort since I had to broil, boil, and bake them. What a fun treat, though!