July 23, 2010

Freezing Chicken

Last week I cooked chicken and froze it so that it is ready for me to use whenever I need it. Chicken thighs were on sale for 68¢/lb. I cooked them up, took the chicken off the bone, and froze it in 1 cup portions. I put each cup in a cheap sandwich bag, then put all the bags in a freezer bag. I learned this tip from my sister-in-law.
I cooked the chicken on a cookie sheet covered with tin foil at 425
° for about 40 minutes. I also put tin foil on top of the chicken to help keep it from getting brown and hard. This worked okay, but I'm sure there's a better method for cooking chicken thighs. If you have an idea, please leave a comment. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I just always boil mine, then debone them. You could then use the water for chicken broth...especially if you added onions, garlic, or celery to the water while boiling the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boiling would probably be easier, and then I wouldn't have to worry about the chicken being crusty. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete