January 6, 2011

A Thought

I found this article on Preparedness Pro a few days ago.  I have not read the entire entry.  But I loved the beginning:
To me preparedness is not about storing lots of food, ammo, or creating a 72 hour kit. Those are simply activities that in which someone might be engaged as a result of their convictions of preparedness. Some might be surprised to hear that my idea of preparedness doesn’t even acknowledge the word “emergency.” Instead, I look at preparedness as a state of independence and effort to be independent of providing for myself, my family, and those others I love in the event we’re in the path of one of Life’s Curveballs.
"Life's Curveballs" happen to all of us.  That's why I prepare.  To learn more, find out why I have food storage.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of being more independent, instead of just planning for an emergency.

    ReplyDelete