I love crepes because they are so versatile. They can be be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, or dessert. The recipe below is for a very basic crepe. If I am making it for dinner, I would use all wheat flour. If I am making the crepes for breakfast or dessert, I would use 1/2 and 1/2 wheat and white flour, and would add a little vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon. If I am making the crepes for someone who eats gluten free, I would use all rice flour.
1 1/2 cups milk (4 1/2 tab. powdered milk, 1 1/2 cups water)
1 cup flour (wheat, white, or rice)
1. Put the eggs and milk in a blender, and blend.
2. Add the flour and blend until combined, about 5 seconds, scraping sides of blender as needed.
3. Put the blender in refrigerator, and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Attach blender to base and blend for another few seconds.
5. Heat a small fry pan over medium heat until hot.
6. Grease fry pan (even if it is non-stick).
7. Take the fry pan off the heat, and pour a small amount of batter into fry pan, while rotating the pan so that the batter will cover the entire pan. If you pour too much batter in, pour the excess batter back into the blender.
8. Cook over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
9. Flip the crepe over and cook for an additional 15 seconds.
10. Serve with your favorite fillings and/or toppings.
applesauce, peanut butter, pureed fruit, berries, peaches, chicken, fish, ham, steamed vegetables, cheese, cottage cheese, white sauce, powdered sugar, lemon juice, pudding
My favorite dinner filling: cottage cheese and canned salmon, topped with a thin white sauce with garlic powder, parsley, rosemary, and pepper mixed in.