June 16, 2010

Coupons!

I am not big into coupons. If I really enjoyed the Sunday newspaper, then the coupons would be an added bonus. As it is, I do not get the Sunday newspaper, and therefore no coupons from it. I realize there are other ways to get coupons. Maybe I'm just lazy.

But, today I bought 10 boxes of cereal for $8.50! First, the cereal was on sale at Smith's for $1.25 each. Then I used 2 manufacturer coupons, and 2 store coupons. Very cool how that works. By the way, I only buy cereal if it is 10 cents an ounce or less. In other words, if the box is 18 ounces, I'll only buy it if I can get it for $1.80 or less.

Other things on sale this week at Smith's that I bought: large eggs are 79 cents a dozen (I plan to freeze these to use in baking; never tried it before, but I'll let you know how it works), and a pound of cheese is $2.50 (not a terrific deal, but a decent one).

No comments:

Post a Comment