That said, here are the basic steps on how to can meat. You should consult the manual that came with your pressure canner or Ball Blue Book prior to canning meat, or anything else for that matter.
- Cut meat into uniform pieces.
- If using ground meat, cook.
- Fill clean jars, leaving 1-inch head space.
- Place in pressure canner filled with 3 quarts water.
- Place lid on pressure canner, according to canner instructions.
- Cook 75 minutes at 13 pounds pressure. (Pressure changes according to altitude)
People often ask how the meat tastes. Chicken tastes like boiled chicken. It's good. I use it in enchiladas, soups, barbecue chicken, and other meals calling for cooked chicken.